Utility Department

   Contact Us

For questions about your water & sewer bill, or to change any billing
information, please contact:
Brianna Hutley
City Clerk
541-327-2768 Ext. 302



Billing Information

Bills will be mailed out by the 4th of every month, for the prior months water usage. The due date for your bill is ALWAYS the 25th of each month. Payments can be made in person, online through Xpress Bill Pay, over the phone, or placed in the secure payment drop box located in the parking lot of City Hall.

Below is general information and helpful tips about your bill:

Billing Reminders    Billing FAQ    Summer Sewer Billing



Setting Up Service

To set up water and sewer services you will need to submit the following:

Water/Sewer Application

-Copy of your driver’s license or other government issued photo ID

– Statutory Warranty Deed if you own/purchased the home, or a Rental Agreement if you are a renter.

– Pay the $120 deposit. If you are a home owner, the deposit will be credited back to your utility account after making on-time payments for one year. If you are a renter, the deposit will remain on your account until you move out, and then is applied to your FINAL bill. Remaining credit balances will be refunded and mailed.

Your application can be submitted via email to bhutley@jeffersonoregon.org, or stop by
City Hall in person with all of the required information. City Hall is open Mon-Fri
from 9am to 5pm, and closed for lunch from 1:00pm-1:30pm.

Service can be started Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). A deposit of $120 is required at time service is started. An application can be obtained by email, fax, or in person at City Hall. Picture ID is also required with either a rental agreement or a warranty deed.


Canceling Service

If you are moving out, please call 541-327-2768 Ext. 302 or email bhutley@jeffersonoregon.org with the following information before you move:

– Forwarding mail address – to send final bill or deposit refund

-Phone number

-When you would like services disconnected

Suspending service temporarily

If you want to suspend your service temporarily, such as during an extended vacation, you may elect to “Snowbird” your account. You may also do the same if your home is for sale and no one is living in it. Service must be suspended for a
minimum of 30 days to be eligible to Snowbird.

Only the water portion of your bill will be suspended. Sewer and storm water charges will continue to accrue each month at the base rate, along with late fees on delinquent balances.


Forms and Resources

Water Meter Information, Leak Detection, Bill Adjustment Requests due to a
leak, and Info on the Service Line Protection Program can be found by clicking on
the following links: