Our Mission & Vision
The mission of the Jefferson Planning Commission is to support the Oregon Statewide Planning Goals, the Jefferson Comprehensive Plan, the Jefferson Strategic Plan, and assist intheir implementation. The mission of the Commission includes, but is not strictly limited to,
all of the following:
1. Planning for and coordinating orderly growth;
2. Protecting the natural environment;
3. Ensuring sustainable development that meets the needs of residents today without limiting
the options or quality of life for residents in the future;
4. Encouraging a wide diversity of civic involvement;
5. Encouraging the provision of a wide variety of housing;
6. Encouraging a wide variety of recreational opportunities;
7. Assisting in economic development;
8. Assisting in downtown revitalization;
9. Assisting in historic preservation.
The specific role the Commission plays in achieving this mission is two-fold:
1. To review and rule on development proposals:
1.1. Through the appropriate procedures;
1.2. In a manner that is fair and impartial;
1.3. Evaluating for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan, the Development Code, and other adopted plans and policies;
1.4. Exercising due discretion where appropriate to ensure the general welfare of Jefferson; and
1.5. To achieve the plans and vision for Jefferson.
2. To continuously review plans and policies of Jefferson to determine what updates and amendments should be made, and to recommend those updates and amendments to the City Council for appropriate action.
CURRENT PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS
Planning Commission terms are 4 years.
Edie O’Neil, Chair– Term ends 12/31/2025
Erica Lummer, –Term ends 12/31/2026
Vacant — Term ends 12/31/2025
Dustin Bridge — Term ends 12/31/2026
Walt Perry — Term ends 12/31/2026
Jacqueline Deeds, Vice Chair — Term ends 12/31/2024
Dave Jones — Term ends 12/31/2024
The agenda and packet will be posted below when available. APPROVED minutes from prior Planning Meetings are below for your information and are only posted to the website once they’ve been adopted as the official record.